NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Wednesday's session.
MDRNA (MRNA) opened higher by 84 cents, or 88.6%, to $1.79 after the company reported potent anti-tumor activity against both liver and bladder cancers via both systemic and local delivery with its proprietary UsiRNAs delivered by its novel DiLA2 platform. The 50-day average daily volume for MDRNA is 292,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Hythiam (HYTM) jumped by 3 cents, or 6.6%, to 54 cents at the start of trading after a published paper sponsored by the company noted predictive models that can be utilized as the basis for Hythiam to develop new and innovative approaches for substance dependence solutions that result in improved member care and reduced costs for payors. The 50-day average daily volume for Hythiam is 1.02 million.
LeCroy (LCRY) rallied by 47 cents, or 13%, to $4.08 in early trading after the company said it expects fiscal second quarter revenue of approximately $31 million, which is above the $29.9 million average of two analyst estiamtes. The 50-day average daily volume for LeCroy is 25,000.Affymetrix (AFFX) slumped by 74 cents, or 11.5%, to $5.70 in early trading after Barclays downgraded the stock to underweight from equal weight. The firm also lowered its price target on Affymetrix to $3 from $6. The 50-day average daily volume for Affymetrix is 1.24 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV