OptionMonster co-founder Pete Najarian provides options picks Monday, Wednesday and Friday in TheStreet.com's Deep in the Money Calls newsletter.
David Russell, reporter for OptionMonster.
Trader positions for Nexen (NXY) upside: The Canadian oil and gas stock has been trapped below $30 since September 2008, but one trader is positioning for a rally past that level in the next two months.Exelixis (EXEL) trade sees tighter range: The cancer research company's volatility remains high, but one trader sees that continuing to subside over the long term. Call spread looks for pop in Anadys Pharmaceuticals (ANDS): The micro-cap drug developer has been building a base around $2 since mid-2006, and now one investor is looking for a rally. Bull target Talisman Energy (TLM) after new high: The energy company will address investors today and tomorrow, and at least one bull is champing at the bit to get long. Monday premarket: S&P, Russell pass resistance levels: After closing higher Friday, both indexes will get new resistance levels for today, as well as slightly higher support levels. Key names at big health care confab: More than 6,000 people will convene at the annual JPMorgan Healthcare Conference this week, the industry's largest single event of the year. Motorola (MOT) attracts huge call activity: The mobile phone maker fell 4.5% on Friday, but it was the calls that were active as nearly 88,000 changed hands in a single trade. Strategy bets that Lorillard (LO) will hold: The tobacco company hasn't traded below $60 since April, and one investor thinks that will stay true for the next year. Trader goes diagonal on Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): The pharmaceuticals company has been falling since September, and now one trader is using different expirations to bet on a rebound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV