CHICAGO (TheStreet) - ICICI Bank (IBN) did not announce any news Monday to account for the slight decline in stock so far this session, but at least one investor expects volatility to turn the shares upward throughout the next six months.
The out-of-the-money June 44 calls have changed hands more than 30,000 times so far on the day versus open interest of 10,000 contracts, indicating investors traded these options to open. During afternoon trading, an investor bought these calls at a premium of $2.60 per contract.
That means this bullish investor expects at least 24% of upside by the time June expiration rolls around in order to make money on this trade (the breakeven price on this trade is $46.60). If the stock pops up significantly before the calls expire, the investor could choose to sell the options and take profits instead of keeping these positions open.
Normal daily options volume in IBN is roughly 6,000 contracts across all strikes. Today's call-buying action accounts for the majority of the options that changed hands so far on the day.The call-buying action we saw this afternoon pushed implied volatility of the June 44-strike calls to 46%, compared to the company's 30-day historical volatility of around 36%. IBN shares are currently trading around $37.60 (roughly $4 off their 52-week high of $41.65), and at least one investor is betting that the stock has more rally room. -- Written by Jud Pyle in Chicago
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV