Scripps stocks has shot up 4.7% to $45.80 in midday trading.
UBS analyst Michael Morris wrote, in a note to clients, that analyst estimates "significantly underestimate the earnings power of affiliate fee increases and ad growth driven by higher ratings at Food Network and HGTV," according to the Associated Press.
Morris has raised his share price target for Scripps to $52 from $39 and foresees a profit of $2.44 per share in 2010, higher the $2.01 per share figure derived from a Thomson Reuters poll of analysts.Other related companies are trading in mixed territory. Discovery (DISCA) has slid 0.6% to $32.60, while Liberty Media (LINTA) has added 1.4% to $11.70. Outdoor Channel (OUTD) has fallen by 1% to $5.50. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York >>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV