NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading under $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC) jumped by 18 cents, or 6%, to $3.18. Cycacel began its surge last week after a lung-cancer drug had successful laboratory tests reported in two industry journals. The 50-day average daily volume for Cyclacel is 3.5 million, according to the Nasdaq.
Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) was among the most active pre-market trades, jumping by 46 cents, or 13.5%, to $3.85 in the premarket session on Monday, after the company reported additional positive results for a hepatitis C drug. The 50-day average daily volume for Achillon is 444,000, according to the Nasdaq.
SciClone Pharmaceuticals (SCLN) spiked 32 cents, or close to 13%, to $2.85 in the premarket session after the biotech firm lifted its sale guidance for 2010 -- a 15% increase. The 50-day average daily volume for SciClone is 320,000, according to the Nasdaq.Tuesday Morning (TUES) rose by 71 cents, or 23%, to $3.74 in the premarket session, after the closeout retailer announced higher quarterly earnings and a positive outlook for the next quarter. The 50-day average daily volume for Tuesday Morning is 199,000, according to the Nasdaq. -- Written by Eric Rosenbaum in New York. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV