NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The ' Tiger Woods Portfolio' is a buy, according to the users of TheStreet -- who apparently agree with Nike (NKE) chairman Phil Knight that Tiger Wood's sex scandal will be little more than a "minor blip" in his career.
According to a recent study by finance professors at the University of California, Davis, shareholders of such Tiger Woods-endorsed stocks have lost between $5 billion to $12 billion in market value since the Tiger sex scandal broke -- although a recent review of the researchers' methology by the Wall Street Journal raised significant doubts regarding that conclusion.
Still, some of Woods' biggest sponsors refuse to let go of their ties with the legendary golfer.
Electronic Arts' (ERTS) EA Sports is not only moving ahead with the testing of Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online, it has also provide a free demo of the game online.Others companies that have chosen to remain in support of Tiger Woods include sponsors Upper Deck, NetJets and TLC Vision and developers of the Tiger Woods Dubai resort in the United Arab Emirates. The aforemention Nike has also announced that it will retain its relationship with the world's number one golfer. Which is not to say that all of Tiger's business partners have stood by his side. Major corporate sponsors, including Proctor & Gamble's (PG) Gillette unit, AT&T (ATT) ( former sponsors of Tiger's annual PGA Tour golf tournament), Tag Heuer watches (which has removed Tiger from all of its ads, as well as purged his images from its corporate offices), and Accenture (ACN) (which, on Dec. 13, became the first sponsor to officially sever ties with Woods), have all walked out on Woods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV