BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The stock-market rally, which stalled on Friday, may extend this quarter as emerging signs of economic growth produce higher profits. Instead of piling into hot names, investors should consider buying undervalued companies in established industries. The following five stocks are poised to gain.
5. TreeHouse Foods (THS) sells pickles and non-dairy coffee creamer.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income increased 153% to $28 million, and earnings per share climbed 143% to 85 cents. Revenue inched up 1% to $379 million. TreeHouse's operating margin extended from 7% to 8%. A quick ratio of 0.6 indicates poor liquidity. A 0.7 debt-to-equity ratio reflects conservative leverage.
The stock: TreeHouse rose 41% during the past year, outpacing major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 19, a discount to food products peers. TreeHouse doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV