"In general, we think Coke is doing almost everything right, but we think that relative to the group, this is priced in," the analysts wrote in a note to investors on Friday.
The analysts believe that Coke is reaching the peak of the "boom-bust cycle" and is now in a phase of sustained strong performance. They write that its tough to see significant company-specific positive marginal change from here.
J.P. Morgan research points out that Coke is trading at an 18% premium to the beverage group it covers. It believes that this premium is warranted, but unlikely to expand from here -- foreign exchange rates drove much of this outperformance and some of those benefits for 2010 are priced in already, according to the analysts."For 2010, we prefer to go with cheaper stocks," they write. "Coke has re-established its premium to the group over the past few years, due to better organic growth, confidence in management and lower exposure to the US consumer."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV