Homeland Security Winners: ICx, OSIS
However, both American Science and ICx are still way up from their share prices on Dec. 24. American Science was trading at $71 on the day before Christmas. ICx was trading at $4.98 on Christmas Eve.
Implant Sciences, albeit a tiny stock, has received a lot of play among anti-terror investors, but ended the day down more than 1.4%, to 34 and a half cents. Implant Sciences also saw its heaviest trading on Monday, when it shed almost half of its meager value.
OSI Systems (OSIS) was the other big anti-terror winner on Friday, ending up close to 10%, or a gain of $2.75, to $31.64.
Unlike the other security technology stocks, which experienced heavy selling earlier in the week and recovered on Thursday and Friday, OSI shares saw their best trading on the last day of the week.OSI shares were traded at volume above 3 million on Friday, versus an average of 656,000 shares traded. Three times as many OSI shares were traded on Friday as on any other day during 2010's first week. OSI also attained a 52-week high during Friday's session, but closed 79 cents below that Friday high level of $32.43. -- Reported by Eric Rosenbaum in New York.
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV