Eurozone Unemployment Rises to 10%
LONDON (TheStreet) -- The 16-nation eurozone saw unemployment rise 10% in November from 9.9% in October.
Eurostat, the statistics office of the European union, said this is the highest unemployment rate in the region since August 1998.
The lowest unemployment rates were in the Netherlands (3.9%) and Austria (5.5%). Spain's unemployment rate was 19.4%.
The unemployment rate in the U.S. was 10% in November. Later Friday, the December jobs report is scheduled to be released in the U.S. and forecasts call for unemployment to rise a tenth to 10.1%.-- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV