Miners Drive Global Commodity Stock Fund
Other Fidelity funds offer concentrated sector exposure, such as Fidelity Select Materials (FSDPX) or Fidelity Select Natural Resources (FNARX), but these funds have 89 percent and 72 percent of assets invested in the United States, respectively. They also tend to invest 80 percent of their holdings in just one sector.
Other Select mutual funds with concentrated exposure include Fidelity Select Energy Service (FSESX), Fidelity Select Energy (FSENX), Fidelity Select Natural Gas (FSNGX) and Fidelity Select Gold (FSAGX).
Since the inception of FFGCX, it has performed in the middle of the pack, with similar returns to most of these mutual funds. Fidelity Select Materials (FSDPX) and Fidelity Select Energy Service (FSESX) outperformed the group, while Fidelity Select Gold (FSAGX) underperformed.
FFGCX has a $2,500 minimum investment and a 1.42 percent expense ratio. There is a 1.0 percent redemption fee for shares held fewer than 30 days. The fund is also subject to a small-balance fee for balances under $2,000 that do not use automatic investment plans.-- Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV