2. Hawkins (HWKN) sells specialty chemicals.
The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter profit declined 2% to $6.7 million, or 65 cents a share, as revenue dropped 17% to $65 million. The company's gross margin expanded from 24% to 29%, and its operating margin contracted from 14% to 17%. Hawkins has an ideal financial position, with $37 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Hawkins climbed 37% during the past year, more than the Dow and S&P 500. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 9, a discount to chemical peers. The shares offer a 2.6% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV