3. Orchids Paper Products (TIS) makes paper towels and napkins.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income more than doubled to $3.8 million, or 52 cents a share. Revenue climbed 5% to $25 million. The company's gross margin jumped from 20% to 34%, and its operating margin widened from 10% to 23%. Orchids has a stable financial position, reflected by its quick ratio of 3 and its debt-to-equity ratio of 0.4.
The stock: Shares of Orchids Paper Products have more than doubled during the past year, outperforming major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 11, a discount to household-product makers. Orchids Paper Products doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV