4. Atrion (ATRI) sells health care supplies.
The numbers: Third-quarter profit rose 12% to $4.5 million, or $2.20 a share, as revenue climbed 7% to $25 million. Atrion's gross margin inched up from 51% to 52%, and its operating margin climbed from 25% to 26%. The company has an ideal financial position, with $19 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Atrion soared 69% during the past year, beating major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 19, a discount to health care suppliers. The shares offer a 0.9% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV