CDC Software Offers $105.1M for Chordiant
The offer price, CDC said, is a 21% premium over the average closing price for Chordiant shares over the last 30 trading days.
Shares of Chordiant closed Wednesday at $3.33, up 30 cents, or 9.9%.
CDC said it will discuss its offer for Chordiant in a conference call on Friday.CDC currently holds about 1.3% of Chordiant's outstanding shares. CDC said it offered two options to Chordiant shareholders. The first option is 40% cash and 60% CDC shares, while the second option is 50:50 split of cash and stock. CDC said it believes it "would provide Chordiant with the platform to expand globally by leveraging CDC Software's large global customer base, cost efficient product engineering offshore operations in India and China, and its more than 1,000 partners and resellers worldwide." Chordiant has yet to respond to the proposal. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV