BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Blue chips led the rally last fall. And large-cap companies may keep climbing through the first quarter as the global economy rebounds. Here are five stocks to consider.
5. Medco Health Solutions (MHS) is a pharmacy-benefit manager.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income increased 13% to $336 million, and earnings per share climbed 19% to 69 cents. Revenue grew 18% to $15 billion. Medco's operating margin was unchanged at 4%. A quick ratio of 1 reflects adequate liquidity. A debt-to-equity ratio of 0.7 indicates reasonable leverage.
The stock: Medco advanced 54% over the past year, outpacing major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 27, a premium to health-care-service peers. Medco doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV