Updated from Tuesday, Jan. 5
A price wasn't disclosed. The New York Times, citing a person briefed on the deal, said Apple paid close to $300 million for Quattro, which is based in Waltham, Mass.
Writing in a blog on Quattro's Web site, Andy Miller, Apple's vice president of mobile advertising, confirmed the acquisition and said "the offerings and services you receive from Quattro Wireless will not change."Apple "will continue to operate the Quattro Wireless network across all devices and platforms," Miller wrote on the blog. Apple's acquisition of Quattro, which focuses on the market to advertise on smartphones, comes close on the heels of Google's (GOG) recent deal to buy AdMob, a Quattro competitor, for $750 million. Apple was reported to have made a bid for AdMob. Quattro's clients include Ford, Walt Disney and Procter & Gamble. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV