EMC Agrees To Buy Archer For Undisclosed Amount
HOPKINTON, Mass. (AP) ¿ Data storage company EMC Corp. said Monday it agreed to acquire Archer Technologies, a privately held governance, risk and compliance software maker, for an undisclosed amount.
EMC said it expects the deal to close in the current first quarter, and that it will not have a material impact on revenue or earnings for the year.
Archer will continue to operate from its current headquarters in Overland Park, Kan., after the acquisition. It will become part of EMC's RSA security division.
Archer's software helps companies set data and security policies that meet industry and government regulations, and audit and spot new problems on an ongoing basis.EMC said in a statement that Archer's software complements its own security and data loss prevention technology. Shares of EMC added 45 cents, or 2.6 percent, to $17.92 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV