Advisory Board Co. Hits 52-week High After Upgrade
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of health care consulting firm The Advisory Board Co. on Monday rose to their highest price in more than a year after an analyst upgraded the stock.
William Blair & Co. analyst Corey Tobin raised his rating to "Outperform" from "Market Perform," saying the company's products, research and expertise are still valuable, and its revenue growth should recover after a down year. Tobin assumed coverage from Brandon Dobell on Friday.
"While we believe significant hospital budget headwinds hampered growth of the research product through much of 2009, management has continued to invest in its overall product offering," Tobin wrote.
In afternoon trading, shares of the Washington D.C., company gained $1.71, or 5.6 percent, to $32.36. Earlier they rose to $32.91, which was their highest price since September 2008.Tobin expects The Advisory Board to earn $1.09 per share in fiscal 2010, up from $1.03. On average analysts expect $1.13 per share for the year ending in March, according to Thomson Reuters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV