Connecticut AG Seeks Credit Card Fee Rollback
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal is asking Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to roll back increases in fees and interest charged to credit card holders.
Blumenthal said Monday that banks have told him they are raising credit card interest rates and fees on creditworthy customers to lend to consumers who are not credit worthy. He has asked Bernanke to use his authority to cut credit card interest rate and fee increases to the levels of January 2009.
A message seeking comment was left Monday with a spokeswoman for the Federal Reserve in Washington.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV