Chicago Alderman New Ill. Commerce Commission Head
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Gov. Pat Quinn has named Chicago Alderman Manny Flores as the new chairman of the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Quinn announced the appointment Monday at a news conference in Chicago, calling Flores hard working and diligent. The governor says Flores will have a "strong voice" for consumers and focus on green initiatives. The ICC determines utility rates in Illinois.
Flores says he's humbled and honored by the appointment, and he calls it a "new challenge." Flores replaces Charles Box, whose term was to expire in January 2009. Box is the former mayor of Rockford.
The consumer advocacy group Citizens Utility Board calls Flores' appointment "good news" and say he's "proven to be a strong, independent, and fair voice for consumers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV