Tebow's Finale Boosts Sugar Bowl Ratings For Fox
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Tim Tebow's final game boosted television ratings for the Sugar Bowl.
Florida's 51-24 win over Cincinnati on Friday on Fox earned an 8.5 fast national rating and 15 share. The game itself had little drama with the lopsided score, but there was plenty of intrigue leading up to it, with Gators coach Urban Meyer announcing he was resigning for health reasons then backtracking and saying he was taking a leave of absence.
The rating was up 9 percent from last season's Utah-Alabama Sugar Bowl and up 57 percent from the BCS game on New Year's night a year ago, the Virginia Tech-Cincinnati Orange Bowl.
Ratings represent the percentage of all households with televisions tuned into a program, and shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.___ Fox is owned by News Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV