Equity Residential Unit Completes Tender Offer
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust, said Monday that its ERP Operating Limited Partnership completed a tender offer for about $48.5 million of its outstanding 3.85 percent exchangeable senior notes due Aug. 15, 2026.
The offer expired Dec. 30, and payment for the notes was made Dec. 31.
The aggregate consideration for the notes accepted for purchase and interest was about $49.2 million.
The company said that as a result of a noncash write-off of certain costs, it will record a charge to earnings and funds from operations of about $1.7 million in the fourth quarter.Combined with a previously announced charge of $23.2 million related to non-exchangeable notes, the company will record a charge to earnings and funds from operations of about $24.9 million, or 9 cents per share, in the fourth quarter. Equity Residential, based in Chicago, develops and manages apartment buildings in the U.S. Its shares fell 7 cents to $33.71 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV