Equity Residential Unit Completes Tender Offer
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust, said Monday that its ERP Operating Limited Partnership completed a tender offer for about $48.5 million of its outstanding 3.85 percent exchangeable senior notes due Aug. 15, 2026.
The offer expired Dec. 30, and payment for the notes was made Dec. 31.
The aggregate consideration for the notes accepted for purchase and interest was about $49.2 million.
The company said that as a result of a noncash write-off of certain costs, it will record a charge to earnings and funds from operations of about $1.7 million in the fourth quarter.Combined with a previously announced charge of $23.2 million related to non-exchangeable notes, the company will record a charge to earnings and funds from operations of about $24.9 million, or 9 cents per share, in the fourth quarter. Equity Residential, based in Chicago, develops and manages apartment buildings in the U.S. Its shares fell 7 cents to $33.71 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV