Sinclair Broadcast Lifts 4Q Revenue Outlook
BALTIMORE (AP) ¿ Television broadcasting company Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. said Monday its broadcast revenue was better than expected during the last three months of the year, helped by automotive advertising.
The company now expects broadcast revenue for the three months ended Dec. 31 to fall about 6.5 percent to $153.8 million. Previously, the company forecast a drop of 11 percent to 12.8 percent, to a range of $143.3 million to $146.3 million.
Shares jumped 35 cents, or 8.7 percent, to $4.38 in morning trading.
Advertising revenue from the auto sector boosted results, as dealers and domestic manufacturers increased spending on ads. The company now expects the auto category to be down 4 percent, from a previous estimate for a decline in the high teen percentage range.Sinclair also said it agreed with ABC Network to extend affiliation agreements for nine stations for one month while both companies continue to negotiate. The agreements were slated to expire Dec. 31, 2009. Sinclair, based in Baltimore, will report fourth-quarter results Feb. 17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV