Sinclair Broadcast Lifts 4Q Revenue Outlook
BALTIMORE (AP) ¿ Television broadcasting company Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. said Monday its broadcast revenue was better than expected during the last three months of the year, helped by automotive advertising.
The company now expects broadcast revenue for the three months ended Dec. 31 to fall about 6.5 percent to $153.8 million. Previously, the company forecast a drop of 11 percent to 12.8 percent, to a range of $143.3 million to $146.3 million.
Shares jumped 35 cents, or 8.7 percent, to $4.38 in morning trading.
Advertising revenue from the auto sector boosted results, as dealers and domestic manufacturers increased spending on ads. The company now expects the auto category to be down 4 percent, from a previous estimate for a decline in the high teen percentage range.Sinclair also said it agreed with ABC Network to extend affiliation agreements for nine stations for one month while both companies continue to negotiate. The agreements were slated to expire Dec. 31, 2009. Sinclair, based in Baltimore, will report fourth-quarter results Feb. 17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV