BioForm, Kandi: Early Volume Plays
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
BioForm Medical (BFRM) surged by $2.07, or 60.9%, to $5.47 in the premarket session after the company said it has agreed to be acquired by privately held Merz Pharma of Frankfurt for $5.45 a share in cash, of a total of $253 million. Premarket share volume was nearly 2 million, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 75,000 shares.
Kandi Technologies (KNDI) jumped by 66 cents, or 15%, to $5.06 in the premarket session after the company said it has formed a strategic alliance with a joint venture of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CEO) and China Potevio, as well as Tianneng Power International, aimed at speeding up the commercialization and achieving mass adoption of Pure Electronic Vehicles in China. The 50-day average daily volume for Kandi is 286,000.
Digital Ally (DGLY) rose by 36 cents, or 17.6%, to $2.41 in the premarket session after the company said fourth-quarter revenue jumped 37% to $9.2 million, exceeding the lone analyst target of $9 million. Digital Ally added that it returned to net profitability in the third quarter and expects to report a further improvement in fourth-quarter earnings. The 50-day average daily volume for Digital Ally is 85,000.Magal Security (MAGS) gained 42 cents, or 11.4%, to $4.10 in the premarket session after the company late Thursday said in a regulatory filing that through the first six months of 2009, revenue fell 12.7% from a year ago to $21.9 million while its net loss fell to $2.1 million from $5.1 million a year earlier. The 50-day average daily volume for is 9,400.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV