Ahead Of The Bell: Dental Suppliers Upgraded
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ An analyst for Robert W. Baird and Co. on Monday predicted a strong year for shares of companies that make dental products, saying sales of disposable items and equipment will improve.
Analyst Jeff Johnson upgraded shares of Patterson Cos. and Young Innovations Inc. to "Outperform" from "Neutral," and kept "Outperform" ratings on four other companies. The stocks did better than the market in 2009, but Johnson said share prices and profits should rise this year.
Johnson cautioned that industry results might not start to improve for another three to six months. He said Henry Schein Inc. is his top pick in the group, and kept positive ratings on Sirona Dental Systems Inc., Dentsply International Inc. and American Dental Partners Inc.
The analyst said consumer spending is increasing, and spending on dental procedures typically rebounds faster than total spending during times of recovery. He said orders for dental equipment picked up in late 2009 and that backlogs for the first quarter of 2010 are growing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV