Ahead Of The Bell: Dental Suppliers Upgraded
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ An analyst for Robert W. Baird and Co. on Monday predicted a strong year for shares of companies that make dental products, saying sales of disposable items and equipment will improve.
Analyst Jeff Johnson upgraded shares of Patterson Cos. and Young Innovations Inc. to "Outperform" from "Neutral," and kept "Outperform" ratings on four other companies. The stocks did better than the market in 2009, but Johnson said share prices and profits should rise this year.
Johnson cautioned that industry results might not start to improve for another three to six months. He said Henry Schein Inc. is his top pick in the group, and kept positive ratings on Sirona Dental Systems Inc., Dentsply International Inc. and American Dental Partners Inc.
The analyst said consumer spending is increasing, and spending on dental procedures typically rebounds faster than total spending during times of recovery. He said orders for dental equipment picked up in late 2009 and that backlogs for the first quarter of 2010 are growing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV