BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Welcome 2010! To get the year started, here's a calendar of important, potentially stock-moving biotech events for January:
28th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference.
Food and Drug Administration advisory committee meeting for Forest Labs' Bystolic in congestive heart failure.
International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer meeting. Jan. 14
Ilumina (ILMN) investor/analyst meeting. Jan. 16
FDA approval decision date for Mannkind's (MNKD) Afresa, an inhaled insulin for diabetes. Jan. 18
FDA approval decision date for OSI Pharmaceuticals' (OSIP) Tarceva in first-line (maintenance) non-small cell lung cancer. Jan. 22
FDA approval decision date for Acorda Therapeutics' (ACOR) Amaya for multiple sclerosis Jan. 22-24
American Society for Clinical Oncology Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium. Important clinical trials with potential data readouts or other biotech events expected in January: Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI) meeting with FDA to discuss complete response letter for colon cancer drug Fusilev. FDA approval decision for Novo Nordisk's (NVO) diabetes drug Victoza. FDA approval decision for Auxillium Pharmaceuticals' (AUXL) Xiaflex for Dupuytren's Contracture. (With Pfizer (PFE) as marketing partner.) Synta Pharmaceuticals (SNTA) --
Results from a phase II study of apilimod in rheumatoid arthritis. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV