Weis Markets Lowers Prices On 2,600 Staple Items And Freezes These Lower Prices For 90 Days
SUNBURY, Pa., Dec. 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Weis Markets, Inc. today announced it has lowered the prices on 2,600 staple items, effective December 31, and frozen these lower prices for 90 days through April 1, 2010. It has also moved to freeze the prices on an additional 624 products.
"It is clear our customers remain in a cautious mood due to the weak economy. Over the past year, our Price Freeze program has generated $16 million in savings for our customers," said David J. Hepfinger, Weis Markets President and CEO. "With our current program, we have lowered the prices on thousands of our products – and have committed to maintaining these lower prices through the spring. As a result, we are able to offer our customers consistent, long-term savings and values on the products they are looking to purchase."
The overall Price Freeze item count increases to 3,224 products, up from 3,000, and includes private label and brand name products in center store/dry grocery, produce, frozen, dairy, meat, deli and bakery.
The Price Program is being promoted in Weis Markets' current circular, television and radio ads. Throughout stores, customers will see Price Freeze signage and shelf tags for participating items.Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE: WMK) is a Mid-Atlantic food retailer operating 165 stores in five states: Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. SOURCE Weis Markets, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV