"We have nothing to fear but fear itself," Franklin Delano Roosevelt would say, and this is true of small-cap stocks as well. Small- and micro-cap stocks can provide enormous gains. But they do carry greater risk.
The key to success in this arena is to ferret out those that have the greatest potential, to use wise money management and stops, and to keep looking for others that are performing well. Over the past couple of weeks, I've looked at a number of these smaller stocks and I'll end the year looking at one more -- KVH Industries (KVHI), which develops, manufactures, and markets mobile communications products.
KVHI has both domestic and international customers as well as the big-spending U.S. government. The company's chart shows a pattern of bullish moves. Long term, it is on the verge of breaking higher in a larger way.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV