Pfizer Says FDA Is Still Reviewing Prevnar 13
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Pfizer Inc. says the Food and Drug Administration is again extending its review of Prevnar 13, a children's pneumococcal vaccine.
The FDA's decision was due Wednesday, but Pfizer says the agency has not completed its review. It did not say when the process might be complete. The FDA was originally scheduled to make a decision by Sept. 30, but decided to extend that review by three months.
Prevnar 13 is intended to reduce the risk of infection by 13 types of pneumococcal disease, which can cause ear infections, meningitis, pneumonia and blood infections. It is a newer version of a vaccine that has been on the market for nine years, and considered one of the most important products Pfizer acquired when it bought rival Wyeth for $68 billion this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV