BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Are price-to-earnings discounts the way to play healthcare stocks in 2010?
The chart above details some atypical discounts that developed in the healthcare sector.
The healthcare reform effort in Washington created mass uncertainty for healthcare stocks. And with healthcare reform nearing closure, some healthcare experts think attractive relative valuation should drive investors to the sector in 2010.
Healthcare consulting firm Leerink Swann, for one, estimates the healthcare discount at approximately 25% versus the broad market. What's more, the Boston-based firm thinks that should be enough to spur increased allocation to healthcare stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV