Pisani brought in Anthony Fabiano, CEO of American Science and Engineering (ASEI) whose stock has risen in recent days since the unsuccessful terrorist attempt to blow up an American passenger airplane over the weekend.
Fabiano demonstrated to the panel how its security scanner works to detect explosives and weapons while respecting privacy rights.
The CEO got himself scanned and then walked over to a monitor that showed an image of him with a gun at his waist along with a packet of stimulated explosives similar to the one found on the terrorist over the weekend.
Fabiano said the government has contacted the company about the scanner which costs $100,000 a machine.Kelly said he would trade in this area with a basket of these stocks like American Science and Engineering. Cortes said he would opt for larger companies like General Dynamics (GD). Pisani brought on to the show federal pay czar Kenneth Feinberg to comment what he has achieved this year. Feinberg said he thought he did a pretty good job but said his job is still incompete, with five remaining banks under his statuatory jurisdiction. He said his mandate has been to get the banks to return the TARP money they borrowed and not to micromanage their businesses. Pisani said the lure of investing overseas was attractive in 2009 as the markets in countries such as Russia, Argentina and China outperformed the U.S. markets. Cortes, though, was wary of investing overseas for several reasons, including the lack of transparency. Kelly said investors have to be involved outside the United States because the growth in emerging markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV