Plenty can happen during the course of a year. We came into 2009 with much despair and are leaving with hope. Of course, as with any other year, some expectations were met, there were also some disappointments, and uncertainty seems to rule.
And over the course of the year, we had our share of winners and losers. Without further ado, here is The Finance Professor's list of the Top 10 Winners & Losers of 2009, beginning with the five biggest winners.
Winner 1: Steve Jobs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV