Court Backs Nebraska In Rate Dispute With Qwest
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) ¿ A federal appeals panel has upheld a ruling favoring the Nebraska Public Service Commission in a telecommunications rate dispute with Qwest Communications International Inc.
At issue are the rates set by the Nebraska commission for rival companies that use parts of Qwest's network. The Denver-based company argued in a 2007 lawsuit that the commission's methodology for setting those rates isn't consistent with federal guidance and discourages competition. It also argued that there isn't a reliable way to carry out an order distinguishing "in-town" from "out-of-town" customers.
The three-judge panel of 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected claims that the methodology was flawed. It sent the case back to a district court for Qwest and the commission to agree to a way to set boundaries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV