YRC Worldwide Extends Swap Deadline Again
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. rose Tuesday after it extended the deadline for its debt exchange again, but an analyst said the move might merely be delaying an inevitable bankruptcy filing.
YRC shares rose 6 cents, or 6 percent, to $1.01 in midday trading.
The cash-strapped company, one of the country's largest truckers, gave itself until Tuesday at midnight to persuade bondholders to exchange their notes for equity. YRC has already extended the deadline several times in hopes of getting more bondholders to jump on board. It also lowered the threshold of debt holders it needs to approve the swap.
As of midnight Monday, 53 percent of the 8.5 percent notes and 92 percent of the 5 percent and 3.375 percent notes had been tendered. It needs 70 percent of the 8.5 notes and 85 percent of the 5 percent and 3.375 percent notes to be tendered for approval.Combined, the tendered amount so far represents 81 percent of the company's outstanding notes. That's just above the 80 percent tendered as of Dec. 23. Stifel Nicolaus analyst David Ross said he's "unsure why any bondholders who have not tendered their shares to-date would do so at this point." The company needs this debt-for-equity swap to succeed in order to avoid a bankruptcy filing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV