Fairchild And Infineon Settle Patent Fight
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) ¿ Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc. said Tuesday it has settled its legal dispute over patent rights with German rival Infineon Technologies AG, and the two have signed a cross-licensing agreement.
Fairchild said it will take a $6 million charge in the fourth quarter related to the deal. Infineon said it will get payments from Fairchild as a part of the settlement but did not give specific figures.
No further financial details were disclosed.
Fairchild and Infineon sued each other in Maine and Delaware courts in November of last year, alleging infringement on 14 different patents pertaining to chip technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV