Battery-maker A123 Systems (AONE) was the talk of Wall Street back in September 2009 when the battery maker IPO'd to much fanfare.
And while the company still has yet to turn a profit, its potentially game-changing technology has kept investors interested, especially this week.
A123 designs and manufactures next-generation battery systems for a number of applications, most notably passenger vehicles. A significantly increased focus on green technology is expected in 2010, a trend that should help out with A123's top-line growth. Investor anticipation of new regulations and subsidies for electric vehicles could prompt shares to move higher early in the year.
A123 saw an increased search volume late into the weekend, typically a sign that shares will see increased volume in the coming week. And with overall volume expected to be lower this week, the percentage moves could be big enough to justify picking up a stake in this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV