Battery-maker A123 Systems (AONE) was the talk of Wall Street back in September 2009 when the battery maker IPO'd to much fanfare.
And while the company still has yet to turn a profit, its potentially game-changing technology has kept investors interested, especially this week.
A123 designs and manufactures next-generation battery systems for a number of applications, most notably passenger vehicles. A significantly increased focus on green technology is expected in 2010, a trend that should help out with A123's top-line growth. Investor anticipation of new regulations and subsidies for electric vehicles could prompt shares to move higher early in the year.
A123 saw an increased search volume late into the weekend, typically a sign that shares will see increased volume in the coming week. And with overall volume expected to be lower this week, the percentage moves could be big enough to justify picking up a stake in this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV