NEW YORK ( Stockpickr) -- Another day of upward moving stocks has investors excited as we edge closer to the start of 2010.
And with a shortened trading week between the Christmas and New Year trading breaks, vacations and volume decreases could lead to increased volatility for a number of stocks despite the shorter holding time this week.
To make the most of our trading time, it's time to look to the Rocket Stock once again. Our weekly list, which takes a look at beaten-down stocks with near-term growth catalysts and long-term growth potential, took some knocks last week vs. its benchmark as the S&P 500 rallied 2.18% between last Monday and Friday.
Still, with 43.16% outperformance over the S&P over the last 23 weeks, Rocket Stocks have proven their worth in 2009 and should continue to do so into 2010. Last week's Rocket plays include Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and Visa (V).Now here's a look at this week's Rocket Stock plays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV