NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- Another day of upward moving stocks has investors excited as we edge closer to the start of 2010.
And with a shortened trading week between the Christmas and New Year trading breaks, vacations and volume decreases could lead to increased volatility for a number of stocks despite the shorter holding time this week.
To make the most of our trading time, it's time to look to the Rocket Stock once again. Our weekly list, which takes a look at beaten-down stocks with near-term growth catalysts and long-term growth potential, took some knocks last week vs. its benchmark as the S&P 500 rallied 2.18% between last Monday and Friday.
Still, with 43.16% outperformance over the S&P over the last 23 weeks, Rocket Stocks have proven their worth in 2009 and should continue to do so into 2010. Last week's Rocket plays include Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and Visa (V).Now here's a look at this week's Rocket Stock plays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV