Florida High Court Approves Mediation Models
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) ¿ The Florida Supreme Court is ordering local judges to adopt a uniform mediation program to help pare down nearly 300,000 foreclosure cases clogging the state's courtrooms.
The justices adopted recommendations Monday from a court-appointed task force that all cases involving primary homes should be mediated and that judges expedite cases dealing with vacant and abandoned properties.
The ruling noted Florida has the third highest mortgage delinquency rate in the nation, the worst foreclosure inventory and most foreclosure starts with 456,000 pending foreclosure cases.
The court approved managed mediation for homestead foreclosures unless the lender and borrower both agree to opt out or pre-suit mediation had been conducted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV