Florida High Court Approves Mediation Models
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) ¿ The Florida Supreme Court is ordering local judges to adopt a uniform mediation program to help pare down nearly 300,000 foreclosure cases clogging the state's courtrooms.
The justices adopted recommendations Monday from a court-appointed task force that all cases involving primary homes should be mediated and that judges expedite cases dealing with vacant and abandoned properties.
The ruling noted Florida has the third highest mortgage delinquency rate in the nation, the worst foreclosure inventory and most foreclosure starts with 456,000 pending foreclosure cases.
The court approved managed mediation for homestead foreclosures unless the lender and borrower both agree to opt out or pre-suit mediation had been conducted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV