Actuate Shares Up, Analyst Upbeat On Xenos Buyout
SEATTLE (AP) ¿ Business software maker Actuate Corp. jumped Monday after an analyst said Actuate's takeover of Xenos Group Inc., another software company, should help it turn around declining revenue.
Shares of Actuate climbed 48 cents, or 12 percent, to $4.49 in afternoon trading.
Roth Capital Partners analyst Nathan Schneiderman upgraded the stock to "Buy" from "Hold," and wrote in a research note that the current low price makes it an attractive time to buy.
Schneiderman wrote that the Xenos deal, plus overall improvement in the economy that should thaw corporate technology budgets, will likely yield growth in Actuate's revenue in the next two years.Actuate, based in San Mateo, Calif., should be able to cross-sell Xenos products to its existing large financial-services customers, the analyst wrote. Actuate agreed to buy Xenos on Dec. 8 for $35.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV