Ceradyne Receives Order For Armor Components
COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) ¿ Ceradyne Inc., which makes ceramic products for the defense and other industries, said Monday it received a multimillion-dollar order for vehicle armor components from Israel's Plasan Sasa Ltd.
The parts for the MRAP All Terrain Vehicle will be produced in Ceradyne's armor assembly plant in Irvine, Calif., Ceradyne said. Upon completion, they will be delivered to the main contractor, Oshkosh Corp., for assembly.
Ceradyne said it began production of the components earlier this month and will continue through 2010. The company did not reveal the exact value of the contract.
Shares of Ceradyne rose 7 cents to $18.75 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV