It's very likely that Jones stock could be worth much more -- the current offer places no value on the business, simply liquidation value alone, and I am convinced that $35 million in annual revenue is worth a significant amount to someone in the soda industry.
Jones, a Seattle based firm that markets soft drinks toward a premium market because of the use of real cane sugar as opposed to alternatives, disclosed after the market closed Dec. 21 that a cash offer had been made at 30 cents per share. As of Sept. 30, there were 26,454,729 shares outstanding. This is an offer for the entire business of around $8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV