Where Do Your Finances Stand? Find Out
The average American family's annual living expenses are $50,486, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Among these expenses were: housing ($17,109), apparel ($1,801), transportation ($8,604), healthcare ($2,976), entertainment ($2,835), insurance ($5,605) and food ($6,443).
Nationally, the personal savings rate among U.S. households have hovered around 6%, up from under 1% during the midst of last year's financial meltdown, according to the Federal Reserve.A survey by CareerBuilder.com found that 61% of 4,400 respondents reported that they "always or usually live paycheck-to-paycheck." Thirty% of workers with salaries of $100,000 gave the same response. More than one-in-five workers say they have reduced their 401(k) contributions or personal savings in the last six months to get by. Among workers earning six figures or more, 23% report that they have also reduced their 401(k) or savings. One-third of all workers said they don't put any money aside into their savings each month, while 30% set aside $100 or less per month for savings and 16% save less than $50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV