It is notable that this stock got basically no pop whatsoever from its recent uplisting to Amex. I attribute this to several factors. First, the uplisting came too soon after earnings. The massive price jump that followed earnings was enough to keep investors cautious, and they did not play the uplisting potential.
Second, the uplisting came too close to the end of the year. People are now in the process of tax-loss selling as well as locking in gains. In other words, people are looking for excuses to sell, not to buy.
In any event, I am long and strong on Orient Paper and hope to be writing about it as a top performer in my next year-end review.
I have been an off-and-on fan of New Energy Systems this year.On the positive side, the company has delivered very solid results, and its stock rose from less than $1.00 (split adjusted) to more than $10.00 at one point. Shares currently trade for about $7.00 and are up 1,670% from this time last year. I have met with management and toured operations, and I like what I see. When I have questions I can get interim CFO JunFeng Chen on his cell phone in minutes, and he is exceptionally responsive. I am keeping New Energy Systems on the sidelines (holding a modest position) for the moment because it will take a lot of work to properly digest the company's two recent acquisitions and substantial equity issuance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV