December 23, 2009
I don't think anything is capable of stopping bulls from pushing markets higher right now.
All the news today was negative. New Home Sales down 11% vs. up 9% expected; Personal Income & Spending below expectations; Consumer Sentiment less than expected; and, Mortgage Applications down. With all that you'd think some selling might hit the tape, but no.The market momentum, even though played by a few large investors, just overwhelms anything negative. The only positive spin was a rise in commodity prices courtesy of a lower dollar today. Is that good? Volume was light but breadth positive especially on the NASDAQ.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV