Orbital Gets Communications Satellite Deal
DULLES, Va. (AP) ¿ Orbital Sciences Corp., which makes small rockets, satellites and other space equipment, said Wednesday it received a contract for a communications satellite with OverHorizon, a satellite telephone and broadband provider.
Thales Alenia Space, a European satellite systems company, will be Orbital's partner on the project.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The satellite is to provide mobile broadband communications for use with inexpensive terminals installed in vehicles such as cars, trucks, boats and airplanes, Orbital said.OverHorizon, based in Arlington, Va., said the services are aimed at government, media and non-governmental organization customers operating in areas with limited or no communications infrastructure. Shares of Orbital added 36 cents, or 2.4 percent, to $15.64 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV