Nasdaq Seeks Info From Koss After Shares Frozen
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ The Nasdaq Stock Market said Tuesday it has changed the status of Koss Corp.'s trading halt to a request for additional information, after the exchange froze trading in the shares Monday on pending news.
WISN-TV in Milwaukee, where the maker of headphones and other electronic accessories is based, reported Monday that a Koss vice president of finance was arrested and charged with wire fraud. Sujata Sachdeva, who has worked at the headphone manufacturer since 1992, was accused of embezzling $4.5 million and spending much of it on clothes and jewelry. More than a dozen federal agents took her into custody and removed items from her home in Mequon, WISN-TV reported.
On Monday, Koss said it had discovered unauthorized transactions and that Sachdeva had been put on administrative leave as the board conducted an internal investigation. The company said it needed to determine if the transactions affected the company's financial statements.
The shares were halted at $5.51.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV