2. Nvidia (NVDA) climbed 2.6% to $17.88. The chipmaker's shares have gained 39% during the past month.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income increased 74% to $108 million, or 19 cents a share. Revenue improved marginally to $903 million. Nvidia's gross margin stalled at 41%, but its operating margin widened from 8% to 9%. The company has an admirable financial position, with $1.6 billion of cash and $25 million of debt.
The stock: We rate Nvidia "hold." The stock has doubled this year, outperforming major U.S. indices and meriting a performance score of 8.9 out of 10. Despite the impressive return, Nvidia has generated net losses in three of the four previous quarters, earning the company a growth score of 2.4 out of 10.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV