The Berkshire board has received increased attention of late, not only as the market has placed more pressure on all corporations to increase the number independent directors on their boards, but as Berkshire's stock becomes more widely traded among investors.
The biggest day for mass trading in Berkshire shares is yet to come: a 50-for-1 split of the holding company's class B common stock, stemming from its takeover of railroad operator Burlington Northern (BNI), is slated for next month.
After the split, it's widely believed that Berkshire will be added to the
S&P 500, a watershed event that some
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV