Radio One Shareholders Approve Reverse Split
WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Radio One Inc., an owner of urban radio stations largely aimed at African-Americans, said Tuesday that its shareholders have approved a reverse stock split.
At its annual stockholders meeting, Radio One said it received approval for a reverse split ranging from 1-for-2 to 1-for-50 to be done before the next annual shareholders meeting.
But the company's board said it has not yet decided whether to set a reverse split.
In a reverse split, a greater number of shares are exchanged for a smaller batch, with a goal of reducing the number of shares outstanding and increasing the stock price.Radio One also said that Terry Jones, Brian McNeill, Catherine Hughes, Alfred Liggins III, D. Geoffrey Armstrong, Ronald Blaylock and B. Doyle Mitchell, Jr. were elected as directors. Radio One's shareholders meeting was delayed for three months to accommodate changes recommended by the Securities and Exchange Commission on certain disclosures in its 2008 earnings report, the first quarter of 2009 and proxy statement. The SEC wanted better clarity on executive compensation, impairments, liquidity, major customers, among others. Radio One is based in Washington and owns 53 stations in 16 cities. Its shares were up 1 cent to $3.78 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV